Saturday, August 22, 2009

Random Life Update #1

Yesterday, I discovered that my Malaria medication, Malarone, would have cost $1300 without my insurance. I have become incredibly grateful for that co-pay.

I am back at Portage Lake after completing my summer in Kalamazoo residing in Hoben Hall and working with my professor
Sarah Lindley.

It was a good summer in which I learned how to cut things and fired a cone 9 reduction kiln for the first time all by myself. It was a very accomplished day. I babysat that 2200 degree cube for 10 hours!

Today I saw Brandon off on his voyage to Costa Rica. His departure jolted me back to the reality and I became nervous for the first time in a long time for my travels. I also worked tirelessly to get my packing and buying organized for the next 10 days.

1 comment: